Photo by Robin Looy
Gaming vs. Music EVENT: Injustice 2 Championship Series Grand Final ft. Fokofpolisiekar & Jack Parow (8 July)
Gaming vs. Music
Jack Parow and Fokofpolisiekar have combined forces with Warner Bros. Games, Ster Kinekor Entertainment and tournament operators ACGL to present a KNOCKOUT event unlike any other ever experienced before in South Africa. This event will take place at Weiveld in Pretoria on 8th July and will bring together gaming and live music to deliver an evening of supreme entertainment.
Everything you need to know about Injustice 2: http://codebros.co.za/injustice-2-everything-you-need-to-know-trailer/
On the night, there will be loads of Injustice™ 2 giveaways, a dedicated gaming area (for punters to have a go at battling it out), Rob Forbes from 5FM will MC, DJ Waynalicious will keep the music pumping and off course Jack Parow and Fokofpolisiekar will deliver their legendary explosive live performances to top off the night.
Not only will the top esports players battle it out for their share of R60 000 at the official Injustice™ 2 South African Championship Series Grand Final, but Jack Parow and Francois van Coke will take each other on as well.
In a world where gaming and music collide, who will reign supreme? Come and see for yourself…
Date: 8 July 2017
Line up: Fokofpolisiekar & Jack Parow
Address: Corner off Graham and Boschkop, Zwavelpoort, Pretoria East
Contact: 071 471 6698
Doors open: 7pm
Performance time: 9pm
Ticket price: R150
Purchasing tickets: itickets.co.za
Join the event: facebook.com
The Running Order:
7pm: Doors open.
7pm - 8pm: DJ set
8pm: Injustice 2 finals, the battle between Francois van Coke & Jack Parow and more.
9:30 pm: Fokofpolisiekar performance
10:30 pm: Jack Parow performance
11:30pm - 0am: DJ set
*More information about the Injustice™ 2 South African Championship Series Grand Final is attached.*
Fast Facts about Gaming and Injustice 2
- Jack Parow is an avid gamer. (He is, in fact, gaming right now when he should be busy writing his next album). Megarom sent him to the 2016 Gamescom in Cologne (Germany) to cover the event and this year in June he will be attending the prestigious E3 Electronics entertainment expo in Los Angelos to represent.
- Fokofpolisiekar members Hunter Kennedy and Francois van Coke are also keen gamers. Although they are mostly on the road, they play games in their off time.
- Gaming is the fastest growing entertainment industry.
- Internationally professional gaming has become a viable profession and career path with players competing for millions of US Dollars as well as brand endorsements.
About the Injustice 2 Game:
- For the first time, gamers can take control of how their characters look, fight and develop across a variety of game modes.
- Injustice 2 expands on the previous title’s larger-than-life showdowns. With every match, players earn gear to equip, customise and level up their favourite DC Super Heroes and Super-Villains that meaningfully impacts not only how they look, but also how they fight.
- Players can choose from the biggest DC roster ever offered in a fighting game, from classic fan favourites such as Batman, Superman, Supergirl, The Flash, Aquaman, Wonder Woman and Blue Beetle, to astonishing new villains like Atrocitus, Gorilla Grodd and Deadshot.
Injustice 2 is built by NetherRealm Studios and Ed Boon:
- Developers of the best-selling and critically acclaimed Mortal Kombat franchise, NetherRealm Studios brings unrivalled storytelling, robust content, and best-in-class fighting mechanics to the DC Universe.
- In 1992, Ed Boon was one of four people who changed the games industry forever with Mortal Kombat. The arcade brawler shocked audiences with its realistic (at the time) blood and gore. The ensuing moral panic led to the establishment of the industry-standard video games rating system, better known as the Entertainment Software Rating Board.
- "Mortal Kombat had four people working on it. It was a sound guy, two artists and myself. And I was the only programmer," Boon told CBC News. "Back in the day, I was the voice of a lot of the characters. I was the announcer and I was Scorpion yelling, 'Get over here!'" Read the article and interview with Ed Boon here: cbc.ca