BONGEZIWE MABANDLA has released a brand new music video for his song, 'MANGALISO'.
The video was directed by Warwick Allan, who also created the concept - extraordinary things happening in an ordinary world - after speaking to BONGEZIWE about the lyrics and the meaning of the song.
“I have loved Allan’s work for a while - I had seen some of his previous work and had an instant trust with him when we came together for this shoot. The song and video, is about experiencing something you never expected to, combined with an out-of-this-world feeling that is hard to describe,” says BONGEZIWE.
The video plays off in a supernatural world and features BONGEZIWE as a beautiful giant enjoying a great afternoon. He picks up trucks as if they are toys and plays the guitar while sitting on a bridge. We see the creature appear and seem to be taking a walk around the world. The video is about the thought of being something bigger than what you are. It starts as an ordinary scene, but something magical is naturally happening along the way.
“The world is the Eastern Cape, my greatest inspiration, and it’s just a simple Bongeziwe story in Bongeziwe Land.”
Watch the video for MANGALISO here!
- The Blackmagician in Association with Henry Mccarter Presents 'DELETERIOUS'
- Zombies Ate My Girlfriend Reveal New Album Title and Cover Artwork
- CELEBRATING 30 YEARS OF SPLASHY FEN
- Gürschach's Latest Music Video 'Undead Empire' Brings Back Horror
- BLOOD BROTHERS 2018 Release Music Video 'ALWAYS ON MY MIND'